When you have been injured at work, you are entitled to receive Workers' Compensation benefits, no matter what the cause of the injury was. Even though these benefits are available, there are still ways that your case can be diminished or destroyed, which is why consulting with a Workers' Compensation lawyer in Atlanta is the best way to protect your rights.
Here are 5 ways that Workers' Compensation cases in Atlanta can be protected:
- Provide thorough details and facts to the doctor about your accident -- you will need documentation that not only details your injuries but also indicates it was an on-the-job accident;
- Get copies of your medical records every time they are updated -- this way, you can ensure they are accurate;
- Make sure any errors on your medical records are corrected immediately;
- Discuss with your doctor his or her opinion (and yours) on your ability to return to work before the doctor talks with the insurance company; and
- Request that any conferences held between the doctor and another medical professional (rehabilitation professional, nurse, vocational counselor, etc.) not be held without you.
There are ways that Workers' Compensation cases in Atlanta can be jeopardized. To learn how to protect your claim, you should consult with a Workers' Compensation lawyer in Atlanta.
Contacting a Workers' Compensation Lawyer in Atlanta
If you were injured at work, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 1-404-842-7838.