The stakes are high for a Georgia accident involving a commercial truck for all parties involved. In many cases, trucking companies conduct their own investigation to prepare for their defense immediately, and have been known to send agents and representatives out to accident scenes the moment collisions occur. You can preserve the integrity of your accident claim by first contacting an Atlanta trucking accident lawyer.
After an Atlanta Trucking Accident
While you are at the scene of the accident, it's important to contact the police and, since it's unlikely that a truck accident will occur without any injuries, seek medical attention as well. Failure to seek treatment will cast doubt on the legitimacy of an injury claim. If you don't, the defense will claim that if your injuries had been serious, you would have sought help.
While at the scene, you should:
- stay to speak with the police until you are told to leave;
- take photographs and notes of the scene of the accident;
- collect information from the truck driver and any witnesses; and
- be careful of what you say - don't admit fault to anyone.
After leaving the scene of the accident:
- keep records of expenses incurred as a result of the accident;
- follow through with all of your doctor's recommendations;
- don't mention your accident on any social networks; and
- let your Georgia accident attorney speak with the trucking company's insurance provider and yours.
Contacting an Atlanta Trucking Accident Lawyer
If you are the victim of a truck driver's negligence or carelessness in a Georgia accident involving a commercial truck, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404-467-0909.