Your first priority should be to seek medical attention. Nothing is more important than your physical safety and well-being after an accident.
What to do immediately after you were injured in a motorcycle accident:
- Don't admit fault to anyone. Don't even imply that you may have been at fault. This includes apologizing for the incident.
- Stay at the accident scene until you've been told by the police that you can leave. Just like any other accident, you need to gather and give information before you can go.
- Collect information from the other driver. Get the name, contact information, insurance company and policy number, driver's license number, and license tag number of the other driver. Get the contract information of any witnesses, as well.
- Keep records. Take photos of the accident scene, your motorcycle, the other vehicle involved, and your injuries, and keep records of any expenses that you incur that are related to the accident.
- Speak with an attorney from an Atlanta car injury law firm. An attorney can protect your rights and counsel you on how to proceed when you speak with your insurance company and the other driver's insurer as well.
A motorcycle accident in Atlanta, Georgia, can have serious ramifications and result in severe injuries. If your accident wasn't your fault, you shouldn't have to bear the financial responsibility of your recovery or your bike's repairs. An attorney can help you.
Contacting an Atlanta Car Injury Law Firm
If you are the victim of another driver's negligence and you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Atlanta, Georgia, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404-467-0909.