After suffering a personal injury, your life can change in many ways. In the short term, your days could be spent in the hospital, visiting doctors, getting X-rays, and charting a rehabilitation course. Over the longer term, you could be looking at missed work, disability, and other life-altering changes.
A personal injury lawyer in Douglasville will answer your questions, advise you on your case, and let you know in plain terms what he or she can do for you. The attorneys at S.Burke Law are here to help. Call us now for an appointment: 404-842-7838.
How Can an Attorney Help Me With My Claim?
Every personal injury case is different. Work with a lawyer who will take the time to listen to you, investigate the details of your case, and determine the best way to move forward.
Even if you fear that you share some negligence for your injury, talk to us and let us investigate. Our findings might surprise you, and there could be responsible parties you have not considered. We represent clients with the following types of personal injuries and more:
Every year, there are more personal injury cases involving vehicle collisions than any other type. And these cases are notoriously complex. Often, the parties to the accident have vastly different perspectives of what happened. Add the fact that claiming compensation usually involves dealing with one or more insurance companies, and you can see why you should work with an attorney.
Always speak with a lawyer before talking to the insurance company. Even if its adjuster calls and offers a quick settlement, do not take it before speaking with us.
Also, we can seek damages from any number of responsible parties, including:
- Another driver: We gather evidence to determine if another driver in the collision was behaving negligently or in violation of any traffic law.
- Manufacturers of vehicles or vehicle parts: We pursue compensation from the manufacturer if a flaw in your vehicle or one of its parts contributed to the crash.
- The trucking company: In the case of a collision with a tractor-trailer, we can pursue damages from the trucking company, which has vicarious liability for the actions of its drivers.
Slip and Fall
If you slipped and fell on someone else's property, then it is possible that the property owner or manager is liable for your injuries. Georgia law requires property owners to uphold a duty of care when they have guests on their property. If we can show they failed to uphold that duty, we can win compensation.
What Damages Are Compensable in an Injury Claim?
While every case is different and we cannot guarantee specific results, your settlement might include any of the following:
- Medical bills: We seek compensation for your current and expected future medical costs, which include hospital stays, doctor visits, rehabilitation, prescriptions, and medical devices.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: We pursue compensation for the income you lose while missing work to recover from your injury. If your injury prevents or reduces your ability to work in the future, we also ask for compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: This is a subjective area, and it varies with the severity of the injury. We will work to show how your injury has affected your life.
- Punitive damages: In a situation where the responsible party exhibited malicious or excessively negligent behavior, we can seek punitive damages from a judge.
How Can I Speak With a Personal Injury Lawyer in Douglasville?
At S. Burke Law, our personal injury lawyers look forward to working for you. Call today for a free consultation: 404-842-7838.