A personal injury can change your life. The pain can be unbearable, and you might find that you can no longer perform the same work or daily activities that you did before. You may require medical care, including lengthy hospital stays, surgery, and physical therapy. The bills for such services can be very high, and they pile up quickly.
A personal injury lawyer in Forest Park can help you through this difficult time.He or she can help you understand the claims process and advise you on how to proceed. Call one of the attorneys at S.Burke Law today at 404-842-7838 for a free case review.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have to deal with an insurance company, it is not always simple as filing a claim and receiving a check. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, and as with all businesses, they want to cut costs wherever they can. For insurers, a major expense is paying out claims, so they are always looking for ways to minimize claim payments or deny them altogether.
Our attorneys understand the tactics insurers use to reduce or deny injury victims' claims. We can anticipate any scheme or tactic the insurance company might use to minimize your claim and counter it.
What Kinds of Injury Claims Do You Handle?
We work with clients with all types of personal injuries. No matter how suffered injuries, give us a call. Just a few of the injury types that we have helped clients with include:
Many personal injuries involve motor vehicle accidents. Some of these accidents are standard car crashes, while others involve commercial vehicles or tractor-trailers. To win compensation for a vehicle collision, we have to identify the responsible party or parties and prove their negligent actions led to your injury.
A few of the parties we can pursue for compensation after a vehicle collision include:
- The other driver: We investigate to determine if the other driver broke any traffic laws or otherwise acted negligently, causing or contributing to your injury.
- Manufacturers: If your vehicle or any of its components malfunctioned and contributed to the collision, we can pursue the manufacturer for damages.
- The driver's employer: If the other driver was driving a work vehicle, such as a tractor-trailer, we could pursue their employer, which has vicarious liability for the actions of their drivers while on company time.
Slip and Fall
Did your injury result from a slip and fall on someone else's property? Chances are the property owner, or manager bears some or all of the liability for your injury. Property owners must keep their property free from hazards and to protect visitors or guests from anything that might cause injuries, such as a wet floor or loose stair.
What Damages Can I Expect From My Personal Injury Claim?
There are many types of compensation you can win in a personal injury. They include the following:
- Medical bills: Medical bills include all costs associated with hospital stays, surgical procedures, follow-up doctor's care, physical therapy, chiropractic, rehabilitation, medical devices, medication, and more. You may also receive compensation for your current medical costs and those you can reasonably expect to incur in the future.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: If you have to miss work to recover from your injury, your claim may include the income you are not earning. The same goes if your injury reduces your capacity to make a living in the future; we pursue compensation to make up for lost future wages.
- Pain and suffering: Also known as non-economic damages, pain and suffering compensates you for the inconvenience and discomfort your injuries caused you.