Count on S. Burke Law to Help You Win Fair Compensation for Your Snellville, GA Injury
An injury can cost you thousands and keep you out of work for weeks or months or even cause you to retire. This can bankrupt many families. If another party’s negligent actions caused your injury, you can hold that party liable. A personal injury lawyer in Snellville can help you file a claim to recover compensation for your injury-related costs.
Count on the team at S. Burke Law to fight for you. For more than 20 years, we have helped personal injury victims all over the Atlanta area. Call us at 404-842-7838 to see how we can help you.
Do I Have a Valid Injury Claim?
Just suffering an injury does not allow you to file a claim. To have a valid claim, you must prove another party’s negligent behavior caused your injury. To prove negligence, our team must establish the following:
- Duty to behave a certain way: The at-fault party must have owed you a duty to behave a certain way. This duty depends on who the at-fault party is. For example, truck drivers owe a duty to operate their rig safely. A store owner must keep her property safe for visitors.
- Failure to uphold the duty: The party in question failed to uphold its duty. For example, a store owner knew one of the freezers in her store was leaking. She did not fix it, designate someone to mop the area regularly, or place wet floor signs near the puddle.
- Causation: You slipped and fell in the puddle and sustained a head injury.
- Damages: You suffered physical, financial, and emotional damages.
Proving these four elements requires a plethora of evidence. It might include:
- Medical bills
- Medical records
- Photos of the scene
- Surveillance video
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert testimony
- A police or incident report
- W-2s or paystubs
Can I Recover Compensation if I Contributed to My Injury?
This is a common concern many injury sufferers have. However, Georgia follows a comparative negligence law. This means you can still recover compensation even if you contributed to your accident. However, it is important to note that you can only do so if you were less at-fault than the other party, and your fault will decrease your settlement.
For example, let us continue with our example from the previous section. It is pretty obvious that the store owner is at-fault for your injury. But, what if you could have avoided that fall but were texting while walking around the store? In this case, an investigation might find you 20 percent at-fault. If you asked for $10,000, you would only be able to recover $80,000 (80 percent of your demand).
Why Should I Work with S. Burke Law?
At S. Burke Law, we like to handle things a bit differently. We want to handle every aspect of your case from start to finish. This means handling both the legal parts of your claim and the everyday inconveniences.
We will handle:
- Determining and proving liability
- Gathering evidence
- Communicating and negotiating with insurers
In addition, we assign you a client relations coordinator to handle:
- Repairing or replacing your car, renting a car
- Finding a doctor
- Answering any questions you might have
That is not the only way we differ from other firms. Because Sheryl Burke, our firm’s founder, was an insurance adjuster before becoming a personal injury lawyer, we have insider knowledge of how insurance companies devalue and deny deserving claims. We use that knowledge to protect your claim from the greedy insurance company.
We Handle All Types of Injury Cases in Snellville
In our many years of business, we have successfully fought all types of injury claims.
Call us if you suffered any of the following injuries — or if you were hurt in any other way:
- Car Crashes: If you suffered injuries in an accident caused by a negligent driver, road hazard, or unsafe road design, we can help you hold the responsible party liable.
- Motorcycle Wrecks: Many people — and insurers — deem motorcycle riders reckless and therefore automatically responsible for a wreck. This can make it very difficult to get the compensation they need for their often-catastrophic injuries. We can build a claim that proves the driver was at-fault for the collision, not you.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Many drivers fail to yield to pedestrians and cause disastrous accidents. We can help you hold a driver liable if her negligence caused your injuries.
- Truck Wrecks: Truck crashes are often catastrophic. We can help you hold both the truck driver and truck company liable for your injuries.
- Slip and Falls: We pursue a property owner or manager for compensation after a slip and fall injury.
- Work Injuries: We can file a workers' compensation claim against your employer, plus any third-party claims against any other responsible parties, such as manufacturers or job site owners.
- Assault and Battery: Sometimes, injuries result from an intentional act rather than a negligent one. If this is the case, we will help you hold your attacker liable for any injuries he caused. If negligent security (e.g., poor lighting, a lack of security personnel) allowed your attack to happen, we might be able to hold a property owner liable.
Ready to Discuss Your Case for Free? Call 404-842-7838 Now.
The team at S. Burke Law is ready to fight for your fair compensation. To set up your free appointment, call today: 404-842-7838.