After you have been hurt in an Atlanta accident caused by another's negligence or recklessness, there are some things that you should avoid doing because they may adversely impact the success of your personal injury claim. Always be sure to speak with an Atlanta car accident lawyer before accepting any settlement offers.
The actions you take when dealing with your insurance provider can drastically alter the trajectory of your claim. Besides the defendant, the insurance adjusters will be the main people looking for problems with your claim.
After an Atlanta Accident: Insurance Don'ts
Try to avoid the following actions when dealing with your insurance provider:
- Don't provide your insurance adjuster with any recorded statements until after you have spoken with an attorney.
- Don't accept the estimate your insurance adjuster provides you with, as these are usually quite low. Don't accept anything less than the real cost of your damages.
- Don't sign any waivers until you have spoken with an attorney, or accept any checks that say "final payment" until you are certain that all of your damages will be provided for.
- Don't ignore the time limits of your policy, as most of these require a proof of loss within a certain time limit.
- Don't engage in discussions pertaining to fault with anyone except your attorney. Even apologizing for an accident can be misconstrued as an admission of fault.
- Don't forget that your insurer is contractually obligated to provide the coverage to you that it promised. Insist that obligation is fulfilled.
If you've suffered injury in an Atlanta accident due to another person or party's negligence or failure to adhere to the rules of the road, it is vital that you speak with an Atlanta car accident lawyer who has experience with cases like yours. You should not be held liable for expenses incurred as a result of another's negligence.
Contacting an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your Atlanta accident case - 404-842-7838.