In Atlanta, if you’ve been injured at work, your best bet is to consult with an Atlanta law firm, see what your options are, and learn how to best go about the claims process given your specific circumstances.
Types of Work-Related Back Injuries
Back injuries are among the most common types of Workers' Compensation claims in Atlanta. Depending upon the nature of the injury, they can cause a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort, and require substantial time away from work.
Common work-related back injuries include:
- herniated or bulging discs;
- spinal degeneration;
- chronic lower back pain;
- spinal cord injury;
- fractured vertebrae;
- sciatica; and
Causes of Back Injuries at Work
A work environment can often be the cause of back injuries. Nursing, manufacturing, and transportation industries pose some of the greatest occupational hazards, but accidents can happen on the job anywhere.
There are several factors that contribute to back injuries at work:
- Repetition – repetitive movements that you perform at work, such as lifting heavy objects at awkward angles, can create muscle-related back injuries.
- Pressure – lifting heavy objects and exerting too much force could cause too much pressure and damage your back.
- Posture – constantly working while holding poor posture will, over time, lead to muscle complications and chronic pain.
- Stress – the more tense you are, the tighter your muscles, which can add to your back pain.
- Trauma – traumatic accidents can occur at work, such as a slip or a fall, which can cause devastating spinal injuries.
If you’ve suffered a back injury at work, you can contact an Atlanta law firm if you think you may have any problems collecting fair Workers' Compensation.
Continue to Next Page >>