While all drivers are legally and morally required to share the road with courtesy and respect, as a motorcyclist in Georgia, you probably know that this is not always the case. As such, a motorcycle operator must be proactive in the effort to prevent their own injury in a motorcycle crash in Georgia by paying careful attention to the actions of other drivers who may not be so careful.
Listed below are examples of common motorcycle accidents, many of which are caused by inattentive or negligent drivers:
- Rear-End Accidents - This happens when a car or truck hits a motorcycle from behind, while at a complete stop or in motion;
- Turning Accidents - These occur when a driver makes a left, right or u-turn in front of someone riding a motorcycle; and
- Head-on Accidents - The most serious and often fatal, these are typically caused by distracted and/or drunk drivers who don't see the motorcyclist moving straight at them.
Other Possible Causes For a Motorcycle Crash in Georgia
Listed below are other common causes for a motorcycle crash:
- defective motorcycle parts;
- worn-out anti-lock brakes;
- obstructions on road;
- hazardous roadways; and
- poor weather conditions.
If another driver's actions led to your serious motorcycle crash, speak to an Atlanta personal injury lawyer about whether you have the basis for a Georgia personal injury claim. You can also learn more about how driver negligence can lead to a motorcycle crash in Georgia by visiting our article library.
Contacting an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case.