7 Ways You Can Prevent Wrong Site Surgeries
Wrong site surgeries devastate the lives of far too many people each year, and nearly every single incidence of these surgical errors is preventable. Families who’ve suffered as the result of a surgeon’s carelessness can gain financial restitution by pursuing a Georgia medical malpractice
New operating room procedures, improved safety protocols and better-quality communication are needed in order to prevent medical mishaps. Doctors and the medical staff need to communicate more efficiently amongst themselves, as do the doctors and the patients at all hospitals, from St. Josephs to Piedmont.
If you or a loved is scheduled for surgery, there are a few things you can do to reduce your risk of a serious medical mistake in the operating room:
- Know who’s in charge of your care and confirm your condition and surgery location with each doctor or nurse who cares for you.
- Ensure that all the attending staff members and doctors are aware of your medical history.
- Ask questions and address any concerns with your doctor. When it comes to your health, silence and quiet confusion just don’t cut it.
- If something seems amiss, say so. Ask the doctors or nurses for an explanation if you don’t understand something; it’s their job.
- In the preoperative room, make sure the doctors have marked your surgery site location clearly and accurately.
- Prior to surgery, verbally confirm with the doctors and nurses that they have your name and birthday correct.
- Avoid blindly following one doctor’s opinion. You owe it to yourself to get a second and third opinion.
There’s no excuse for wrong site surgeries. If you or a loved one has suffered needlessly at the hands of a doctor, take your negligence lawsuit to a Georgia medical malpractice firm
as soon as you’re able.Contacting a Georgia Malpractice Lawyers
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, such as suffering from a doctor’s surgical mistake, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke
for a no-cost consultation on your injury case – 1-404-842-7838.
To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."