A Georgia accident involving a commercial truck can have serious consequences and cause grave injury. Often, trucking companies will attempt to severely under-compensate accident victims who are injured by their negligence or that of their truck drivers. Speak with an Atlanta trucking accident lawyer as soon after your accident as you are able in order to preserve your claim.
Depending on the nature of your accident, the severity of your injuries, and the liability of your accident, you may be entitled to multiple types of compensation after a Georgia accident with a commercial truck.
Your compensation may pay for:
- medical bills incurred by injury related to the accident;
- physical therapy, medication, and other rehabilitative costs;
- psychological treatment if you suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder due to the accident;
- cost of repairs to your vehicle;
- lost wages from time missed at work;
- diminished earning capacity if you are permanently disabled;
- long-term care for permanent disability; and
- pain and suffering.
Trucking companies are infamous for their aggressive handling of accident claims, and many truck drivers have been caught forging their driver's logbooks, which document the hours that they work (they're limited to a certain number of hours on the road in a given period).
An Atlanta trucking accident attorney knows how to pursue your compensation and protect your claim, so it's important that you speak with one as soon as you are able.
Contacting an Atlanta Trucking Accident Lawyer
If you are the victim of a truck driver's negligence or carelessness in a Georgia accident involving a commercial truck, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404-467-0909.