The most common types of accidents that result from not following driving regulations include:
- jackknifing: the back side or cargo area of a truck folds in or out on impact, putting those driving behind it in danger;
- fuel fires: can occur when diesel fuel comes into contact with a battery spark;
- head-on collisions: when drivers are not paying attention or have a delayed reaction time, they may swerve into oncoming traffic and hit another car head-on;
- rollovers: one of the most fatal types of accidents involving commercial motor vehicles can result from improperly loaded cargo, driver error, weather conditions etc;. and
- brake malfunction: can occur if a driver brakes too quickly or overuses the brakes, causing them to deteriorate.
All of these types of accidents can be the result of driving regulation violations. If you were injured by a commercial motor vehicle because of an equipment malfunction, a negligent driver, or some other type of accident or incident, you should contact a lawyer to file an accident claim to receive compensation. The professional help of a lawyer is invaluable when dealing with trucking companies and other large corporations. Get the help you need to take care of your medical bills and other crash-related expenses by holding a truck driver or other driver liable.
Contacting an Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case – 1-404-842-7838.