- You can't prevent every incident of SUV rollover accidents in Atlanta, but by sticking to good driving habits and following some of these safety recommendations, you may be able to prevent your own. Speak with a Georgia car injury lawyer if you are injured in an accident.
Before you purchase an SUV, check the rollover ratings and compare them to other similar vehicles. Taller SUVs with narrower wheel bases are more prone to flip.
- Don't drive an SUV like it's a standard car. SUVs accelerate, brake, turn and in general handle differently than passenger vehicles, so take the time to acclimate to your SUV.
- Don't overcorrect your steering. The high center of gravity in an SUV makes it easier to lose its balance and flip or roll when jerked from one direction to another.
- Maintain your vehicle. As with any car, proper maintenance is important to safety. Check your tire pressure often to ensure that the tires are balanced and are properly inflated.
- Always wear your seat belt. This should be standard every time you get in a vehicle. The likelihood of death or severe injury from a rollover is increased if you are ejected from the car.
You can't control everything on the road, but you can control how you drive, and that can make the difference in prevent SUV rollover accidents in Atlanta.
Contacting a Georgia Car Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in one of the many SUV rollover accidents in Atlanta or any other kind, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case with a Georgia car injury lawyer - 1-404-467-0909.