Dealing with Insurance Adjusters after a Georgia Accident
There are some things you should and shouldn't do when it comes to dealing with insurance adjusters for your Georgia personal injury claim.
Some of the things you should do when dealing with an insurance adjuster include:
- get all of the contact information of the insurance adjuster;
- provide your contact information to the insurance adjuster;
- keep notes on the conversation you have with the insurance adjuster;
- provide only a general description of your injuries; and
- ask the insurance adjuster if there were witnesses to the accident.
Some of the things you shouldn't do when dealing with an insurance adjuster include:
- don't provide a detailed description of your injuries;
- don't not allow your conversation to be recorded;
- don't provide unnecessary details or veer off topic (stick to the basic, simple facts regarding the accident);
- don't provide personal, irrelevant information;
- don't agree to anything or sign anything; and
- don't provide the name of your doctor.
Insurance adjusters will attempt to get you to settle your Georgia personal injury claim quickly and for as little as possible. This is why if you have been seriously injured in an accident that you should get the help of an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer. An attorney will help you to file your Georgia personal injury claim and will fight for your legal rights.
Contacting an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404.467.0909.