These steps can impact the validity of a personal injury claim, and include:
- Remain at the accident scene.
- Examine the extent of your injuries, as well as others involved in the accident.
- Call the police.
- Exchange insurance information.
- Talk to witnesses.
What to Do in the Days Following an Atlanta, Georgia Car Accident
Sometimes, depending on the extent of possible injuries, the above steps are not feasible at the accident scene. There are other steps you can take shortly after a traffic accident in Georgia that will help ensure your needs are addressed.
- Contact your insurance company: You will want to inform your insurance company of your accident as soon as possible. If you plan to offer a statement during this initial call, be sure to have your Atlanta personal injury lawyer with you.
- Keep your medical records: If you have sought medical attention as a result of the accident, keep all documents. This will help determine the severity of your injuries.
- Take pictures: Even if you have to take photos the following day, this will help your insurance company pinpoint an accurate dollar figure of the damage.
- Get a damage assessment: You'll want to meet with your insurance representative to get a valuation for damages to your vehicle. To be sure you are getting the best estimate, you can also seek up to two quotes from outside vendors, either for repairs or replacement costs.
- Hire an Atlanta personal injury attorney: After a traffic accident in Atlanta, Georgia, it is always best to use caution in regards to settlement offers and discussions with other insurance representatives.
An Atlanta personal injury attorney can help advise you after an Atlanta, Georgia car accident to be sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contacting an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no cost consultation on your injury case - 404.467.0909.