Motorcycle crashes can mean severe and often life-altering injuries, including head injuries and brain trauma. If you have suffered a serious brain injury in a motorcycle crash in Georgia as a result of someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to pursue compensation. An Atlanta personal injury lawyer will examine the facts surrounding your case to determine if you should proceed with filing a claim.
Some of the symptoms of traumatic brain injury can include problems with the following functions:
- Cognitive abilities - memory, attention, concentration.
- Speech and language capacity - slurred speech, reading/writing difficulties, speaking fast or slow.
- Sensory abilities - touch, temperature, movement.
- Vision - blurred vision, partial or total loss.
- Hearing - ringing in ear, sensitivity to sounds, hearing loss.
- Smells and taste - diminished or lost.
- Motor movements - convulsions, seizures.
- Physical abilities - chronic pain, paralysis, bladder and bowel control.
- Social/emotional abilities - aggression, depression, irritability.
The long-term effects of traumatic brain injury can mean a long road to recovery, the inability to work, ongoing treatment and difficulties functioning on a normal basis. All of this can be very costly and may be recoverable in a claim.
When a motorcycle crash in Georgia leads to a brain injury, damages may be recovered in certain instances. Consulting with an Atlanta personal injury lawyer is the next step you should take to determine if you are eligible for compensation.
Contacting an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a motorcycle accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404-842-7838.