Medical malpractice lawyers in Atlanta see all kinds of Georgia medical malpractice cases that have resulted in injury, mental distress and even death. When a doctor makes an error and causes you harm you might be able to file a Georgia medical malpractice claim.
Top 5 Most Commonly Misdiagnosed Medical Conditions
If you have one of these conditions (or think that you do) take careful note of your doctor’s diagnosis:
- cancer - many doctors fail to perform cancer screening tests in a timely manner or don’t do them correctly;
- clogged arteries - many doctors blame this condition on a patient being “out of shape” when actually there are blockages in the arteries that are causing shortness of breath and can eventually cause a heart attack;
- heart attack - people think of a heart attack as an obvious injury but sometimes the only symptoms of a heart attack are a sense of fullness in the chest, nausea and a general sense of not feeling well;
- strokes - the symptoms of a stroke are often confused with vertigo or migraines and people who experience strokes at a young age may be most at risk for a misdiagnosis because this type of ailment is usually seen in older patients; and
- infections - infections like strep throat and ear infections are often misdiagnosed as colds or allergies, leaving the infection to spread untreated.
It’s important to speak up if you’re uncomfortable or disagree with a health professional’s diagnosis. It could save your life.
Contacting a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Atlanta
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights, begin a Georgia medical malpractice claim, and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case – 404-842-7838.