When a Georgia motorcycle accident occurs, there are many circumstances that could threaten your well being. You may be disoriented from the accident and possibly even seriously injured making it difficult to focus on what is going on around you during and after a Georgia motorcycle accident.
If you have been involved in a Georgia motorcycle accident, you must take crucial steps to ensure your physical and legal well being. If you have sustained injuries from a motorcycle accident, you should always consult an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer.
Steps to Take After Your Georgia Motorcycle Accident
- Pay attention to your surroundings - Accidents are always unexpected and usually shocking. Remove yourself from danger as quickly as possible in order to prevent further injury. After an accident, try to move yourself off the road or at least make yourself visible so traffic can safely avoid you.
- Assess your injuries - Seek immediate medical attention even if you feel uninjured, as internal or head injuries are not always symptomatic directly following an accident. Likewise, if you are experiencing sharp pain, severe bleeding, dizziness, sleepiness, or head pain, you may have a serious injury requiring hospitalization. Carefully assess your entire body because the effect of adrenaline can mask your injuries.
- Remain calm and collected - If you have not been severely injured, try to keep your wits about you and avoid panic. Under no circumstances should you admit fault after the motorcycle accident or argue with the other party involved about their role in the accident. Anything you say at the accident scene may be held against you during your injury claim.
- Gather information - Write down the contact information: names, phone numbers, and email addresses, etc. of all parties involved in the accident as well as witnesses. You should even write your memories and observations about what happened directly before and during the motorcycle accident while it is still fresh in your mind. If you have a cell phone with a camera, take photos of the accident scene, including the damaged vehicles, for evidence purposes.
- Contact an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer - If your Georgia motorcycle accident was caused by another person's negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical bills and other expenses.
If you have sustained a serious or permanent injury and another party's negligence was the primary cause of your Georgia motorcycle accident, your Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer can talk to you about your options for financial recovery in an injury claim or lawsuit.
Contacting an Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you are the victim of someone else's negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case - 404.467.0909.