A motorcycle accident attorney can take care of the insurance claim process, deal directly with the claims adjuster so that you do not have to, and file a lawsuit if necessary to go after money damages for your losses. When we handle your motorcycle accident injury case, you can focus on getting better, and we can take care of the rest. Read on to learn more about what to expect from a motorcycle accident attorney.
How We Handle Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims
Navigating through the insurance claim procedures and possible personal injury lawsuit can be a multi-stage process. Every case is different. Here are some of the things that we can do for our clients in motorcycle accident cases:
- Gather information about the collision to determine who was at fault and all the pertinent facts. We collect and review things like the law enforcement accident report.
- Talk with potential eyewitnesses.
- Work with accident reconstruction experts to recreate the crash.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records to establish the extent and severity of your injuries to link the harm you suffered to the accident.
- Use a disability, vocational, or occupational expert to illustrate and explain to the judge how your injuries affect your ability to earn a living and take care of your daily needs.
- Once we get all the necessary information, we can calculate the settlement value of your losses.
- Work with the negligent driver’s liability insurance company. We will take care of the negotiations for you.
- File a lawsuit with the courts seeking money damages if the insurance company refuses to pay.
Damages for a Motorcycle Accident
We cannot say how much compensation you can get for your motorcycle accident without talking with you and investigating your case. Every case is different. The amount that you can collect will depend on the facts of your situation.
Here are some of the types of damages we can collect for our clients who have motorcycle accident injury claims:
- Request the reasonable cost of medical treatment to treat your injuries. These expenses can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, x-rays and MRIs, lab tests, surgery, doctors, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Request the income you missed because of the wreck, your medical treatments, and recuperation time. We can include lost wages, salary, self-employment, and other types of regular income.
- If you have permanent impairment from your injuries, you might not be able to support yourself through employment.
- Go after financial compensation for the pain and suffering you endured from your physical injuries, including physical discomfort and mental distress.
- Go after additional intangible losses that can be part of the claim for compensation like disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the loss of enjoyment of life.
We Will Fight for Compensation to Cover Debilitating Injuries
Sometimes motorcycle accident victims can eventually go back to work, but some may only be able to work at a lower-paying job, and some cannot work at all. Your decreased earning ability can be an item in your claim for compensation. Motorcycle crashes can cause catastrophic injuries like spinal cord damage or traumatic brain injury. These severe injuries can require treatment for months or longer in a specialized facility. You might need long-term care for many years if you need assistance with daily medical procedures and personal care because of your injuries.
In the sad circumstance that an immediate family member died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident, we would go after additional compensation for you and your family.
Getting Legal Help for a Motorcycle Accident
When S. Burke Law handles your motorcycle accident claim, you can focus on healing; we can take care of the rest. We provide responsive, compassionate legal services for our clients. You will not feel like a number with us. We treat our clients like family.
We offer free consultations with no obligation. If we take your case, you will not have to pay upfront legal fees. We handle motorcycle accident claims on a contingent fee basis, which means that our legal fees will come out of the settlement or award at the end of the matter. We will work to get you the compensation you deserve. We will be there with you every step of the way. You do not have to go through this process on your own.
Knowing what to expect from a motorcycle accident attorney, we hope you call us today at (404) 842-7838 to get started.