If the doctors have used a cast on your fracture or if you’ve undergone surgery, they’ll provide you with a detailed list of how to care for your injuries once you’re home. Make sure to follow their instructions carefully and keep up with any follow-up appointments you’re given.
Some of the tips that will help during your healing process include:
- if possible, keep the injured limb elevated to reduce swelling;
- unless you have a water-resistant cast, keep your cast dry; wet areas under the cast can cause skin irritation;
- get an adequate amount of rest and maintain a healthy, vitamin-rich diet;
- don’t stick any object beneath the cast in an attempt to relieve itching (instead try blowing the area with a hair dryer on the cool setting); and
- avoid putting any unnecessary strain on the limb before it is fully healed.
If your fracture injuries are severe, you might be unable to perform your normal daily activities for some time, but it’s important not to try to rush your healing. During the process, if you need help with filing your Georgia car accident claim, you can call an Atlanta car accident firm to schedule a consultation.
Contacting an Atlanta Car Accident Firm
If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, whether in a traffic accident or some other type of accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case – 1-404-842-7838.