Throughout the claims process, your Atlanta law firm attorney will likely advise you to adhere to the treatment plans your workers comp doctor has prescribed, so you don’t hurt your chances for compensation.
Try these 5 tips to reduce back pain after your workplace accident:
- Exercise – regular physical activity can reduce pain over time, so try to get a little exercise each day. Exercise also helps maintain a healthy weight, which puts less stress on the back.
- Minimize hazards – don’t perform any dangerous activities, lift any heavy objects, or overexert yourself. Only do the activities approved by your doctor.
- Maintain good posture – poor posture only contributes to muscle strain and back pain, so try to stay conscious of maintaining proper spinal alignment.
- Deal with stress – stress tightens muscles and worsens pain, so use stress-reduction techniques to minimize the negative impact of stressful situations.
- Follow your intuition – your body knows what it needs; listen carefully for cues to move around, stretch, and rest in a way that fosters recuperation.
Contacting an Atlanta Law Firm
If you are the victim of a workplace accident, you have certain rights guaranteed by law. To help you understand these rights and seek the compensation you may be eligible for to help get your life back in order, contact the Atlanta Law Offices of Sheryl L. Burke for a no-cost consultation on your injury case – 404-842-7838.