A personal injury can turn your life upside down overnight. All of a sudden, you are faced with pain, medical bills, and uncertainty over what happens next. You might have many questions as well, such as:
- How will I pay my hospital bills?
- Will I lose my job if I have to miss work for an extended time?
- How will I keep up with my bills and living costs?
- Is there any way to receive compensation for my injuries?
- What if the insurance company denies my claim or wants to pay me less than I deserve?
- Can I sue someone else for damages?
- How long will I have to wait to receive compensation?
- Do I need a lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer in Riverdale can help. We can answer your questions and advise you about your rights and options. Call the attorneys at S.Burke Law for a free case evaluation at 404-842-7838
What Compensation Can I Recover From My Injury Claim?
When we pursue compensation, we make sure not to leave any money you are eligible for on the table. Here are the types of compensation we might be able to win for you:
- Medical bills: We pursue compensation for both current and future medical bills. This includes all hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medication, medical devices, and more.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: This includes replacing any income lost from missing work while recovering. It also includes compensation for the money you are no longer able to earn due to a reduced work capacity from your injury.
- Pain and suffering: It is hard to quantify how much your pain and suffering is worth. But rest assured we build a strong case negotiate a fair settlement based on the severity of your injury and its impact on your life.
- Wrongful death: The worst-case scenario in a personal injury case is the death of a loved one. When this happens, we might bring a wrongful death suit against the responsible party.
What Types of Cases Do You Accept?
No matter how you sustained injuries, we can help. We work with clients on the following claims and more:
Motor vehicle accidents, including those involving tractor-trailers, make up a huge number of personal injury cases. Some car accidents, such as rear-end collisions, are relatively cut and dry, while others are not. Our firm has the investigative resources to dig into the details of your crash, identify all responsible parties, and gather evidence.
Some of the parties we may pursue for compensation in vehicle collisions include:
- Other drivers: If the negligent actions of another motorist caused or contributed to your injuries, we pursue them for damages.
- Vehicle or parts manufacturers: We go after the manufacturer when defective vehicle components play a factor in the collision.
- Local municipalities: In some cases, we can even win damages from state or local governments. They have a responsibility to keep roads and intersections safe for motorists. If for instance, a faulty traffic signal or unsafe road surface contributed to your crash, we seek damage from the responsible party.
Slip and Fall
A slip and fall might sound more like an inconvenience or source of embarrassment than a serious injury. But especially in the very young and very old, the consequences of a fall can be devastating. If you fell on someone else's property, they might be responsible. We will investigate and find out. If so, we gather evidence and seek compensation.
How Can I Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Riverdale?
The attorneys of S.Burke Law are ready to help you with your injury claim. Call us today for a free consultation: 404-842-7838.