A personal injury can change your life in a flash. That is why you should work with a lawyer to help you put your life back together.
A personal injury lawyer in Brookhaven can assist you in making a claim for compensation against the party who caused your injury. He or she can look over your case and give you advice on your next steps. Call the attorneys at S.Burke Law for a free consultation at 404-842-7838.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Aside from explaining your rights and helping you understand the laws surrounding your claim, a lawyer will also know how to deal with the insurance company. More often than not, it is the responsible party’s insurance carrier that will compensate you for your damages, but it will try to minimize your claim in any way possible or outright deny it.
Our attorneys know how insurance companies work and how to counter their tactics with strategy and evidence. We will speak with the insurance company so that you do not have to. In fact, never accept an offer or speak with the other party’s insurance company until you talk to us.
What Damages Can a Personal Injury Claim Include?
As a personal injury victim, you might be eligible for several compensation types, including:
- Medical bills: Your medical costs might include hospital stays, doctor's care, medication, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and more. We ask for compensation for both current and expected future medical bills.
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity: This includes any income you lose due to missed work during your recovery, as well as for reduced income if your capacity to work diminishes due to your injury.
- Pain and suffering: It is impossible to assign a dollar amount to pain and suffering. Thus, work with an attorney who can build a convincing case for a fair pain and suffering settlement.
- Punitive damages: A judge may award these damages to punish the responsible party in situations where their behavior is excessively negligent or malicious.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does S. Burke Law Handle?
Our goal is the same with every type of accident we handle: Identify the responsible parties, gather evidence to build your case, and then pursue compensation. Even if you are not sure if another party is responsible for your injury, call us and let us investigate. What we find may surprise you. We work with clients on the following types of personal injuries and more:
Traffic Accident Cases
Vehicle collisions represent the most common source of personal injury cases. Every year, thousands of people lose their lives in car accidents in the United States, and in every one of those incidents, there are one or more responsible parties.
As your personal injury lawyers, we identify all the responsible parties in your accident and pursue them for compensation. These parties may include:
- Another driver: We seek damages from the other driver if they broke any traffic laws or exhibited negligent driving behavior.
- Vehicle or part manufacturer: If a defective vehicle component contributed to your crash, we pursue compensation from the company that manufactured it.
- A trucking carrier: If your accident included a tractor-trailer the trucking company has vicarious liability for any damage or injuries caused by its drivers. That means we can pursue the company (and its insurance company) for damages.
Slip and Fall Cases
Georgia property owners have a duty of care to guests. It requires them to fix hazards as soon as they learn about them and to protect visitors from them in the meantime. If you slipped and fell on someone else's property, we can identify if there were hazards present and whether the property owner or manager might be liable.
How Can I Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer in Brookhaven?
The attorneys at S. Burke Law are happy to speak with you about your case. Call us today at 404-842-7838.