Following a personal injury, you need all the support you can get. Friends and family can provide much of it – things like cooking for you, driving you to doctor appointments, and making sure your home is neat and clean. Your loved ones can also provide much-needed emotional support, as recovering from an injury can be both physically and mentally draining.
A personal injury lawyer in Conyers can help with other important tasks after an injury – namely, helping you understand your rights and building your claim for compensation. Call the attorneys at S. Burke Law today at 404-842-7838 for a free case review.
How Can an Attorney Help Me After an Injury?
When you sustain an injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, the law allows you to pursue the responsible party or parties for compensation. However, the process is confusing for many people, especially when they are recovering from an injury. We will help you understand the process and help you file and build your claim. This includes the following:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your injury and identify all potentially responsible parties.
- Identify and speak to any witnesses, and collect compelling statements from them.
- Gather an array of evidence supporting our case: police reports, surveillance photos and videos, and more.
- Evaluate your medical records and calculate all current and future costs to recover from the responsible party.
- Bring in expert witnesses.
- Negotiate with the responsible parties and their insurance companies or file a lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary.
We also understand that money – while important – is not the only thing you need to get your life back on track. There is a myriad of things you have to deal with after an injury, and you should not have to do it on your own.
That is why we assign you a client relations coordinator. This person takes care of all the little things that come up after an injury – and there are always more of those little things than you expect. For instance:
- Getting your car repaired
- Shopping for a new vehicle
- Obtaining a rental car
- Scheduling doctor appointments
- Finding a support group
- Handling insurance paperwork and other minutiae
- Answering any questions or concerns you have during the process
It is simple. We want to take the stress of the injury aftermath off your shoulders and put it on ours so that you can focus on the important stuff – your family, your career, and your recovery.
What Damages Can I Expect From My Injury Claim?
Every case is unique, but in general, we will pursue a fair settlement from the responsible party or parties that may include the following:
- Medical bills
- Costs of future medical care and support, if necessary
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
What Types of Injury Cases Do You Accept?
We practice in a wide area of law, so we can help you no matter how you were injured. Our specialties include:
- Auto Accidents: Car, truck, and SUV accidents can result in a host of serious injuries: brain trauma, spinal injuries, broken bones, cuts and bruises, whiplash, and more.
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall accidents account for a surprisingly high number of personal injury cases in Georgia. The premises liability laws here are unique, so work with an attorney who understands them and has plenty of experience with these cases.
- Work Injuries: If you sustained injuries at work, we could help you pursue your employer for a workers' compensation claim. We also investigate your accident and identify any third parties, such as site owners or manufacturers, that might share in the liability.
How Can I Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer in Conyers?
We are excited to welcome you into the S. Burke Law family. Call us today to set up your free consultation with an attorney: 404-842-7838.